Saturday, April 16, 2011

13 months old and 1st Easter Egg Hunt

What can't she do!?

She now:
- has two of her one-year molars (10 teeth)
- answers her version of "yes", to which we correct "yes, ma'am/sir"
- the basic hand motions for "Itsy-bitsy spider"
- walk backwards
- walk really fast/run
- sign for "night-night"
- pretend with her toys (holds the phone to her ear, feeds her baby)
- directs me to change the channel to her cartoons by giving me the remote and pointing or looking at the TV
- tells me when she is hungry by signing "eat", yet sometimes she is actually thirsty
- is aware that her paci is only for going to sleep and in the car
- can bring me to/show me what she wants (food, bandaid, toy)
- point to her eyes, nose, mouth, head/hair, ears

Interesting facts:
- she still finds being folded in half (sleeping on her legs) a comfortable sleeping position, yet does seem to be outgrowing it a little
- she is more interested in walking around than sitting still to eat
- she loves to touch/feel everything when we go shopping (just like mommy)
- she loves zippers


Summer Grove Easter Egg Hunt
It's a big bunny rabbit!

I don't think so
uhhh!
No, really, I don't think so
What's this?
Look Audry, it spins!
She won a small stuffed Chick-fil-a cow for her spinning talents.
I want to jump!
See, I can jump.
Please, let me in!
Getting ready to hunt for eggs

Mom, the rabbit is coming over here, help me!
He's over there.
Ok, let's hunt.

Audry, what do you have?
You want me to do what?  Why should I put it in there?

She had to look inside each egg she picked up.
 If she couldn't get it open, she put it back on the ground.
As we left, she fell asleep holding her new cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment