Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shoes

Corinne finally wore shoes today!  We have been working on getting her more comfortable with the thought of shoes all week.  They have been out with her books and we would check them out and try to put them on everyday.
At the beginning of the week she liked playing with the velcro, but would start freaking out if you even got close to her foot with a shoe.  Then she would let you put one on just to see how it worked, but don't even think about putting the other one on or leaving that one on!  When I was able to get her shoes on she would shriek, her face would get red, and she would kick her legs trying to get them off.  This morning, after I got them on, she got distracted by Daddy, and ended up wearing them to play.  I took them off after 15 minutes; I didn't want to push my luck.  So, tonight when we met some friends for dinner, we tried them again.  She wore them all night.  Well, one fell off once during dinner, but she let Daddy put it back on without difficulty.  However, it probalby didn't hurt that she had her friends there to distract her.

No comments:

Post a Comment